Tachyon z/Assembler Enhancements
September 1, 2004:
Tachyon Software is pleased to announce the availability of
version 3.0 of the Tachyon z/Assembler.
Version 3.0 of the Tachyon z/Assembler supports the latest features
High Level Assembler V1.5
- New and enhanced options, including ADATALEVEL, MACHINE, SECTALGN,
SUPPRESS, SUPRWARN and TYPECHECK.
- ADATA records can be generated in your choice of HLASM release 4 or release 5 formats.
- *PROCESS, *PROCESS OVERRIDE and *ASM statements are supported.
- GOFF PART definitions and references for building z/OS DLLs in assembler.
Parts are defined using the enhanced CATTR statement and external parts
may be referenced using the enhanced EXTRN and WXTRN statements.
- Enhanced section alignment for GOFF object modules.
Quadword and greater alignment can be requested using LQ and FQ storage and literal
definitions and the CNOP and ORG statements.
- Programmer and assembler type definitions for DC, DS, DXD, EQU and literal symbols.
- The new macro function syntax is supported for both older functions
and the new
A2B, A2C, A2D, A2X,
B2A, B2C, B2D, B2X,
C2A, C2B, C2D, C2X,
D2A, D2B, D2C, D2X,
X2A, X2B, X2C, X2D,
ISBIN, ISDEC, ISHEX, ISSYM, SYSATTRA and SYSATTRP
C2G, ABS, LOG2, LOG10, POW and REM are new extended macro functions.
- Explicitly EBCDIC, ASCII, UTF-8 and UTF-32 character constants,
literals and self-defining terms are supported.
If you dont yet have a copy of the Tachyon z/Assembler, you can download a
demonstration copy and try it for yourself.
If you are already licensed for any Tachyon Software product, download the